11:16

Industry Analysis - Prologue Films

When starting this task, I looked at the 'Art of the Titles' website to find some agencies or studios which I think have done some good opening sequences. Prologue Films are a titles company who have worked on films such as, 'Iron Man', 'Bewitched', 'House of Wax' and 'Fred Claus'. This is one thing I like about company, that they work on a variety of different genre films and don't just focus their talent on one kind. As well as working on different genre of films, they also use a range of different effects to complete each. For example, when they worked on House of Wax, they used a waxy effect suitably and just worked on the title but when they worked on Iron Man they used an effect which looks like digital plan of the ironman. The range of effects go from comic effects to real footage from the movie, this my main reason to like this company. 

Prologue films have also worked on television openings as well, most of these have been programs off the MTV channel and especially for the MTV awards. As well as making openings for programs, they have also made quite a lot of commercials.
One of their openings which I like quite a lot is the titles sequence for 'Kiss kiss bang bang', the way the animation is done with simple silhouettes of women and just two main colours, red and black, it reminds me a bit of the titles for James Bond movies. I think this is a good effect and works well with the theme of the movie and shows a lot which is to come - a good insight. 

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang



The next sequence they have done which I want to show is for the film 'The Reaping'. I really like this opening, I think, in my opinion, it is the best sequence they have done. I like how they have managed to get perfect close ups of images relating to the movie, they work very well and show the medical, dark and death side of the movie. In most openings, I don't think blood works very well but in this case it is used subtly and just about works with the rest of the images to set the mood. These effects look quite complicated but I would love to try this effect one day with a opening sequence. 

The Reaping



Another example of one of their good sequences, is 'Zathura'. It is done in a comic still, is slow paced, panning across pictures and looks like a comic out of a book rather than a magazine. This is also another example of how varied their effects are and how many different genres they do. I like this one because when most people use a comic strip for a opening sequence, they use pictures from a comic magazine and have them flickering down and across the screen. To use different kind of images and use them in a different way, gives a better effect and more of an interests goes to the rest of the film. 


Zathura

0 comments: