12:39

Concept Art

Planning for story board this week. 


Firstly, we collected images which would set the mood of our sequence and also some images which we thought were laid out similar to the way in which we wanted our sequence to be. These images were gathered together and we used them to create a moodboard. To create my moodboard, I used FinalCut, collected all the images, pasted them there and then added effects to make each image fade in and out into the next image and also zoom in. This final moodboard was then made into a quicktime and uploaded to youtube and blogger. 

After the moodboard, we made nine key frames which were nine still shots that would appear throughout my opening sequence. Creating these shots were useful as they gave me an idea of proportion and how things would look throughout my opening sequence. Also, by drawing these, I would know which images would have which effects, for example, which images would zoom in or be a long shot etc. The nine frames also make me think in more detail, they help me see in great detail what things would go where and how exactly I would want them to go. 

Finally, we made three film stills, which were taken from my nine key frames. We adapted these shots and joined them with some of the pictures we used for our moodboards. For example, we would take an image which was laid out how we wanted one of our shots to be like and then draw one of our film still in this way. We created three of these and each one was drawn in a different angle, for example, a close-up or a long shot. 
These shot helped me more than the key frames because it made me draw them in more detail therefore I could see clearer how things would lay out and what I would want to do. I think if i did each other my story board shots this way, I would get a very clear idea of what would come out of it all and what I would want to change but it would take too long to complete it that way. 

0 comments: