03:18

Technologies - How I Used Them - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

In the picture above I have gathered all the items which I used within my project to complete my opening sequence. The the picture consists of camera's, both the HD camera and my digital camera, Mac's and head phones. I also added in all of the software which I used throughout the project, such as, Final Cut, Garage Band, Logic, Comic Life and also some websites like Art of the Title and Dafont . com. 


Firstly, I used my Mac to load up my comic drawings, once drawn and load them into the Comic Life software. Within the comic software I changed the colour of the drawing so they were in sepia sort of shade and then the images which were representing love, I then turned into a warm red/pink colour. As well as editing the colour of each image, I also put each of the images into ready made comic templates so that each page looked like it was taken from a real comic book. 

Next I started to put all of my comic pages into Final Cut and put them into their proper order so as you went through the opening you would be able to see a sort of story. Once they were in the right order, I then cut them down so they were all the same length in time but also not really long so people wouldn't get bored. Finally, I edited them so that they slide into each frame(which I ended up changing because it looked better if you saw each page as if you were reading the comic) and then I put fades on each ends of the images so that they flowed into each other well. 

After finishing most of the editing I thought I needed to do with my comics, I then went onto getting my production companies into the front of my sequence which wasn't hard at all really but I needed to use After Effects to edit my Long Road production logo, as at first it wouldn't load into Final Cut. 

I then started using the HD camera to film my only part of footage I needed. I found a first aid room at college which wasn't perfect but it was quite good for what I needed to do. Once I had permission to go into the room, I invoiced my class mate Hayden to help me with the zoom in of my actor Kirk, in the 'hospital bed'. It didn't take long at all and it ended up looking quite good. 

The next thing I had to do was to upload the footage I had taken to the Mac and then into Final Cut. It was the much simple part within my project to edit, as all I did was cut the parts out which were not relevant and then slot it into the end of my sequence. 

My music was the next thing which I had to put into my Final Cut file. I had to transfer it from my boyfriend's Mac, which he made on Logic and Garage Band software, to my Mac and slot it into the right place on my sequence. 

Youtube was my next thing I needed to use, to upload my rough cut to there, which is where I upload all of my video throughout my project. I also used the site Blogger to blog all of my project as I went through each part and is also were I put all my video too.

By this time my sequence was pretty much finished but I managed to get some feedback which really helped me and I editing a lot more of my sequence. The feedback took me back to the Comic Life software, as part of my feedback was to change my titles from flying on the screen, to actually being on the actually comic images. 

As well as using software and parts of technologies, I also went onto websites for research. These websites included Dafont.com and Art of the Title. 

0 comments: