01:19

Similarities - How does your media product represent particular social groups?




My task was to compare one of my shots, which included my actor within it, with another shot from another movie. I close my only shot of my character, which is a zoom in of him in a hospital bed and still in his coma. I have chosen to compare it to a shot out of the film 'Awake'. The shot shows the character under anesthetic and with all the medical equipment plugged into his body. 

Similarities and Differences

1) The shot is roughly the same to my shot, even though it is at a slightly different angle, it still shows the same principle. Both of the shots are taken from the right side of the body(as if you were viewing from head first) and shows the patients head on the right hand side of the frame.  

2) The equipment in the shot which I have taken from the film Awake is not in my shot, as I couldn't get hold of the equipment and it wasn't suitable for the shot as the actor is about to wake from the coma. On the other hand, my costume is quite similar, as both of the two actors are wearing white t-shirts, which is suitable costume for a patient. 

One big difference is what each of the characters roles were. The character from my film is meant to be waking from a coma, after that shot, and he discovers he has 'super' powers. However, the character from Awake, is having a heart transplant which is set up to be a murder rather than a real surgery. 



0 comments: